How to Make a Radio App Like Pandora?
Radio app development is a wonderful opportunity to create something pleasant for users and get a source of income at the same time. That's what Pandora radio owners did: they have developed a service that has been pleasing all devotees of music for many years. The main Pandora’s competitive edge is that the system independently compiles a unique radio station for every user, focusing on approving or disapproving ratings of a particular track.
Obviously, Pandora owners offered a really great solution, and now they are taking the plums. More than a million songs, hundreds of thousands of different artists and albums, a chance to create up a lot of your own radio stations - that's what makes this service the best of the best. Wanna know more about how to build a radio app? Well, we are happy to share our expertise with you.
After reading the article, you will learn not only how and why Pandora has reached so high popularity - you’ll also know how to follow this lead. Besides, we're going to tell you in detail about our own experience regarding radio app development.
- Why do people need music apps like Pandora?
- What is Pandora app?
- A story with a happy ending
- How does Pandora work?
- How does Pandora monetize?
- Competitors of the Pandora service
- How to make a radio app like Pandora?
- Your radio app development strategy
- How much does it cost to develop a radio app?
- Our expertise
OK, let's begin our detailed discussion of how to make a radio app.
We should start with a simple question: is there a demand? Of course, in our day we can find an almost endless number of ways to listen to music: not only the old familiar methods of enjoying your favorite songs but also totally new ones - those which are using the latest technologies. However, people like to control the situation by managing each detail of the process of listening to music tracks. It is for these users that we're creating Pandora clone that allows a user to feel his power, for he does not just make up common playlists, he creates his own radio stations! This cannot fail to impress, which means that you have every chance of attracting as many users to your service as possible.
By the way, to retry someone else's lucky experience, you first need to explore how this "someone else", that is - Pandora app, has managed to achieve such a raving success… let's get down to this issue!
What is Pandora's main secret? The answer is simple: Pandora service can fulfill our dream - one that relates to music. After all, our favorite tunes are accompanying us all the time, embellishing our weekdays, and the winner is the one who has offered the best recipe for the perfect way to listen to music. This is exactly what Pandora app has done. And you should do the same if you want to create a radio app like Pandora.
When was the last time you had fallen in love with a specific song? Developers of Pandora Radio are familiar with this feeling when enjoying the enchanting sounds make you creep all over. Guided by the idea of the absolute uniqueness of musical preferences, Music Genom Project was created, and within this project, careful research of perception of music on more than 450 parameters had been conducted during almost 10 years.
As a result of this in-depth and comprehensive study, a methodology was developed aimed to compile personalized playlists. And now the main Pandora advantage which distinguishes it from many other music services is the fact that listeners are allowed to create their own "stations" where only those songs that they like sound. It’s quite a smart approach, isn’t it? Think about your ways to attract the user's attention and interest your customer... this is really important if you want to understand how to build a radio app that will become the market leader.
Today Pandora company occupies a worthy position in the streaming radio market. This success is well deserved, given Pandora managed to please people with the music they really love!
But, despite successes, the beginning of this story was not so promising... you will be useful to know this if you want to find out how to make an app like Pandora so that you won't make the same mistake.
The history of Pandora began with a commercial failure. In the distant 2000, Tim Vestergren working with a small group of entrepreneurs launched the Music Genome Project. His primary idea was simple and beautiful: to reduce each song to its music components in order to be able to automatically select other tracks that are similar to this one.
The first thing that needed to be done to accomplish such a task was to "crack the genome" of the musical composition and discover certain elements in it, such as tonality, tempo, tool selection, etc. Having a sufficient set of parameters, the researchers began working on an algorithm that would allow searching for songs with identical characteristics. In addition, professional musicians were hired, whose task was to listen to each song and describe it with the help of 450 pre-determined attributes.
At that time, Tim Westergren did not wonder about how to create a radio app. Instead, he tried to sell the developed scheme of music recommendations to other companies. Alas, his idea did not arouse any interest. Therefore, he had to independently seek a good way of applying the built technology.
In 2005, he co-founded Pandora, a streaming online radio that uses the Music Genome Project to automatically create custom playlists.
Today, Pandora audience is about 72 million active listeners.
In general, Pandora achievements are really impressive: from the moment of entering the public market in 2010, the company's capitalization has grown from a negative figure to more than $ 500 million.
Today, Pandora is one of the most popular music streaming applications in the US. Previously, this service was also available in Australia and New Zealand, but on July 31, 2017, the company decided to stop working in these countries and focus on the American audience. This is a reasonable prudence that should become an example to follow for everyone who wants to have radio apps like Pandora: instead of trying to embrace the boundless, you should act more wisely, step by step.
Let’s summarize! What is the secret of Pandora's financial success?
- A unique approach to the old problem. The creators of this service did not move in a rut, they were looking for new ways and therefore succeeded.
- The ability to listen to the wishes of the user. The user is the person who brings you profit (regardless of the monetization method you choose). Consequently, a successful application is one that fulfills a dream for the user. Pandora does this with its Music Genome Project.
- Dexterity in turning failure into success. Success does not always come at once, and Pandora's example proves it once again. The owners of this service must be familiar with the statement by Winston Churchill who used to say: "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
As you probably understand, Pandora is not just another application for your gadget, Pandora is a personal radio station tuned to the tastes of each user. It is enough to enter the name of one of your favorite compositions, and the magic Pandora box will form for you a personal radio station with the best songs broadcasting (the ones that match your choice). Isn’t it a great idea? You should appreciate it if you have already been thinking about radio app development.
But how does Pandora manage to embody this wonderful idea? The fact is that Pandora is carefully collecting all possible information about user habits. Its algorithm takes into account every user's action, whether it's flipping through a playlist or skipping a song. In addition, the user can vote for (or against) the sounding song: the Pandora database stores more than 22 billion votes of the sort. Of course, the creation of such technology requires effort and cost, but they pay off more than anything! So if you want to understand how to make an app like Pandora, get ready to work hard. But the game is worth the candle.
Using its unique algorithm, Pandora quite successfully predicts the preferences and tastes of even new users.
So, now let's consider the user flow - analyze it in order to develop the one of your own when you'll decide to create a Pandora clone.
Imagine a user who wants to listen to music with the help of Pandora service. What is the algorithm of his actions?
- Download the Pandora application. To do this, visit iTunes or Google Play.
- Create your account. This is a very important step that will allow the Pandora app to offer you music that matches your individual tastes.
- Create your custom radio station. It's quite simple: enter the name of the artist or band whose songs you like using the text field "Create station". Pandora will offer you what you're seeking for. This will be the beginning, the foundation of the future radio station that will be broadcasting tracks you really enjoy.
- Mark which songs you do or do not like. Pandora’s goal is to offer you exactly those songs that will satisfy your musical needs. However, the service will not be able to implement this aim without your participation. To help the application, use the "Thumbs Up" and "Thumbs Down" buttons to mark the tracks that you like (Thumbs Up) or dislike (Thumbs Down).
- Increase the list of artists and songs on your radio station. Do you see 3 dots near your custom radio station in the list of stations on the left side of the app screen? Tap these dots to unlock your station menu and choose option named "Add Variety" in order to add a new singer, band or music that matches your taste preferences.
- Create new stations. A single station is unlikely to satisfy all your musical requests. Therefore, make several radio stations, distinguishing them by music genre, artists or other parameters meaningful to you. You can use the "More Recommendations" button which will give you advice based on the nature of your radio stations.
As you can see, the Pandora application has thought through the user flow and taken into account all the details in order to make the process of interaction between music listeners and its service as convenient and enjoyable as possible. Use this experience when you'll be figuring out how to build a radio app of the same sort.
- The identity of the visual language. It all depends on whether you have other applications that are somehow related to this one. For example, Apple Music and Google Music should be visually consistent with other services of their platforms, whereas Spotify has no reason to be guided by design of other mobile programs.
- Simple navigation system. Navigation should be as comprehensible and clear to even the casual user as possible. And don’t forget about the search bar!
- Easy access to the main buttons (play/pause, rewind the song, etc.). The listener should feel comfortable using your music service in any conditions.
- The minimum number of taps: the fewer actions a user must perform to get what he wants, the better.
- Multi-Languages. Although you can start your app with only one available language (for instance, English), but, conquering the territory, you should supplement the language panel with new options.
And now we will discuss the most exciting and burning issue, for which, in fact, we are causing radio app development… how can one make money on apps like Pandora?
The bulk of revenues (about 80%) are receipts from sound and banner advertising targeted at users of the free Pandora service. Other 20% are membership fees of paid service users where advertising is not available. And it brings really impressive incomes, as the statistics show!
And although the income of Pandora, obtained through paid subscriptions, is less than 50%, this amount is still sizeable. How does Pandora app manage to interest users to pay for using the service?
Pandora offers two subscription formats:
Pandora Plus™ ( $4.99 per month)
- no ads
- limitless personalized stations
- up to 4 stations for offline listening
- limitless skips and replays
- higher audio quality
Pandora Premium™ ($12.99 per month)
- no advertising
- looking for and listening to favorite tracks and albums on-demand
- creating playlists, not worklists - on your own or powered by Pandora
- downloading the desired music for offline listening
- limitless skips and replays
- high audio quality
So, how to create a radio app that can bring you money? You should:
- attract advertisers;
- connect to Google's AdMob system, which offers an effective platform for monetizing mobile applications
- offer built-in purchases;
- think about what paid features you can provide your users with.
It makes sense to look at competitors and use some of their ideas (the best ones!) for your own business model. Good news: we have already done most of this work for you.
So, let's look at the competitors.
Of course, the Pandora service has its competitors. And since you are interested in the question of how to build a radio app, these companies can be dangerous to you too… as the saying goes, to be ahead of your competitors, you should know them!
Apple Music provides access to millions of songs, specially selected radio stations and playlists, as well as music recommendations. By subscribing to Apple Music, the user gets access to the whole world of music - from the Apple Music catalog and his own collection. With Apple Music and the iCloud Media Library, you can access all of your music from any device if you are logged in with the same Apple ID and if the iCloud library is enabled.
TuneIn is a radio service that has more than 100,000 radio stations from around the world, as well as a myriad of podcasts and audio programs on request. You can listen to the radio both in the computer's browser and in the mobile application.
Be sure to pay attention to the useful feature of TuneIn, namely - the search bar for live radio stations. You should enter the name of the artist (or song), and TuneIn instantly finds the stream of the radio station, on which the music that you are interested in is now playing. This is a great way to find a new radio to your liking, right? So think about the implementation of a feature of the sort if you are seriously interested in the question of how to create a radio app.
Spotify is a streaming music service available in 66 countries. Its audience numbers more than 100 million people, its catalog contains about 300 million songs. The service can be used on desktops, mobile devices, the web, as well as on game consoles, TVs, and stereos.
Spotify provides a legal opportunity to listen to online tracks and offers convenient algorithms for selecting music that matches your tastes.
The creators of this service believe that Soundcloud is a platform for audio distribution. This means that Soundcloud allows you to listen, collect and make up the playlists using not only music but also, for example, recording radio programs or different sounds.
Artists often upload to Soundcloud their compositions which are sometimes available for both listening and downloading. The service makes it possible to listen to music in the computer's browser and in the application for iOS and Android platforms.
Deezer is a service for streaming music over the Internet which allows users to listen to different tracks on various devices, online or offline. At the moment, the Deezer music library contains about 42 million tracks. In addition, the company has contracts with the largest music labels, such as EMI, Sony, Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group.
Deezer has a free version that is supplemented with ads and permits you to listen to all music through the browser and playlists from your smartphone. Though the quality of the music is cut down to 128 kbps. The paid option does not contain advertising and offers a higher quality of sound, but the subscription price is quite high - about 7 euros.
Agree, the example of this application should be considered if you want to know how to make a radio app that will be competitive and successful.
Think about how you can outdo your competitors, what advantages to offer, what user problems to solve. After coping with this task, go to the next point, namely...
Consider the following steps:
#1. Obtaining a license
Unfortunately, you cannot start streaming music around the world without getting a preliminary permission for this action. Otherwise, you will violate copyright law. Be sure to study this question before you take on the radio app development. For example, the lion's share of Pandora's spending (about 50%) is royalties for the right to broadcast music: in 2016, royalty fees had reached $ 734.35 million.
If you're dealing with the U.S., you should apply to the The American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers or Broadcast Music Incorporated. If the matter concerns Europe, consult the European Stage Authors and Composers.
Think about the countries in which your service will be available. Even large music streaming services do not consider it possible to stream around the world and are initially limited to the most significant regions, gradually expanding the sphere of influence. We advise you to follow this example.
#3. Streaming music
This process consists of several stages:
- Decide on how you're going to stream the music and what database you find appropriate, for there'll be a lot of information to store. You can use either hardware (though you'll need a really powerful one), or a cloud aimed to host your server and data. In fact, there are a few schemes of radio app arrangement, such as:
- The easiest option is when the broadcast center is installed on a virtual server, and music streaming is coming from the cloud directly to listeners.
- The classic version implies that the stream is coming from the studio through the distribution server, and then goes to listeners.
- Choose the technology for creating Pandora clone, namely, its streaming feature which is obviously the main one when it comes to the radio app development. There are a great lot of options to implement the efficient streaming process, for example::
- Web Real-Time Communications (WebRTC) - a technique designed to organize the transfer of streaming data between browsers or other supporting applications using point-to-point technology. This method allows you to create services for direct video/audio exchange between users.
- RTMP (Real Time Messaging Protocol) is a proprietary broadcast protocol from Adobe, which is used to transfer streaming video and audio streams over the Internet. The RTMP client is primarily an Adobe Flash Player. It means modules for the server must be written in ActionScript.
#4. UI/UX design
Anyone who wants to know how to make a radio app that will benefit the owner cannot ignore the UI/UX design. The design of the application interface should be clear, modern, user-friendly and intuitive. These factors may seem incompatible to you, but in reality, they are not.
In general, the design of apps like Pandora is very context-dependent. It is important whether the user is comfortable to interact with the interface of your radio service. Your purpose, then, is to make this happen.
In addition, be sure to study the market of mobile music services in order to find out how to build a radio app that will make a worthy competition. Earlier in the article, we've discussed your main rivals, but we were talking about the functionality they offer. Now it's time to pay attention to the visual component. So, when it comes to app design, you should take note of:
- Soundcloud: this service is unique and very expressive in its design, with an original approach to navigating the system. It has a wonderful visual language, thanks to which the user immediately recognizes this application among others.
- Apple MUSIC: this service, native to iOS, has very appealing and clear design. After the release of iOS 11, it has become even more user-friendly and convenient.
- Spotify also offers easy-to-use and laconic interface.
Analyzing competitors, try to follow their example and create an application with a bright, memorable, expressive visual language. And remember: although in the future, when improving the application, you must mostly focus on its content, don't forget to update the app design from time to time too. We are not talking about global changes, but small iterations should be taking into account.
As you can see, UX/UI design is a complex task, so the most reasonable thing is to hire professionals. To decide on the final choice of UI/UX experts, take a look at their portfolio. For instance, here is one of our examples of interface design for music apps like Pandora:
This design for local radio station looks very bright and expressive, its goal is to attract attention and stick in the memory. And it seems to us that it is doing very well with this task!
Below, we'll talk about our another experience of developing a design for radio applications - one that helped our client arouse great user's interest.
#5. A method of monetization
We have already told you how Pandora earns money. This is a fairly popular way to make a profit, so you can take up the lead and move in a groove.
In general, music apps like Pandora can earn in the following ways:
- paid subscriptions. The ideal option is a model of a freemium when a user can take advantage of the basic app functionality for free, but he should be paying a subscription to gain access to additional features.
- in-built purchases. Here, it all depends on your imagination. The main thing is to set reasonable prices for these in-app purchases.
- advertising. Do not in any way neglect this method of monetization! Be sure to try to attract the attention of advertisers.
We advise you to combine all these methods, that is:
- Create an application with a basic functionality equipped with a thematic advertisement (but it should not be too annoying-intrusive)
- Simultaneously, provide advanced functionality without ads (this is an important point!) and grant access to it only for paid subscribers.
- Consider the system of built-in purchases. For example, provide a user with the opportunity to buy and present his friend a paid access to the app services for a year (or another time period). As for cheaper built-in purchases, you can offer special stickers, virtual gifts, and stuff in the same way.
Acting in this way, you will be able to get the maximum profit.
#6. Choosing your format
We have already described your competitors in the market for music apps like Pandora. As you could understand, some of them provide users with the possibility to compose their own music playlists, while others offer them to enjoy real radio air of several (or at least one) radio stations. And now it's your turn to decide on the format of your music application.
You have several options:
- Follow Pandora's example and let the user choose what he will listen to by creating his own radio stations (or playlists).
- Retry the experience of applications such as TuneIn. This very way was chosen by one of our clients, we'll discuss this issue in detail below.
- The combined version is what Apple Music offers: a person can listen to radio stations and simultaneously create his own playlists, as well as use a list of recommendations.
Whichever option you choose, we strongly advise you to supplement your app with the list of recommended tracks. This approach increases the user engagement and, therefore, your profits. So, it will be important for you to pay attention to the next stage of radio app development, namely…
#7. Algorithm of recommendations
It's time for you to think about how you're going to make up lists of recommended music tracks for your users.
- Co-filtering mode: to determine the recommended songs or albums, offer the most popular among them using the history of the overall ratings of all listeners.
- Content-oriented technology: this algorithm matches radio apps at most and offers songs that are similar to those loved by a particular user.
#8. MVP Feature set
Functionality is the main criterion of the cost of apps like Pandora. That's why the feature set is worth considering. We propose to take into account such features as:
- Check-in. This is the main item in the list of significant features. Of course, it is very important to make the registration process very simple and eliminate unnecessary steps. The most popular way to register is to log in using social networks, integrating all your data from there. In other words, it is necessary to provide such a feature as…
- Integration of social networks. In addition to simplifying the registration process, the interaction with FB and other social media allows users to share different events related to your service.
- Possibility to make playlists. Of course, without this feature, music apps like Pandora are unthinkable!
- Built-in purchases. This feature belongs to the category of the extra functionality. We suggest thinking about it if you want to know how to create a radio app that will become profitable and competitive.
- The search bar. The search engine will not be superfluous for creating radio apps like Pandora either. Help your users find exactly what they want to listen to!
- Likes/dislikes - a feature which is important for interaction with users, it helps to analyze their musical taste preferences.
- Music streaming feature. Well, this is a real must-have when you're considering the radio app development!
- Push Notifications. This feature will allow you to stay in touch with the user and inform him about the latest events, news, promotions…
- Feedback. Perhaps this feature is not among the primary ones, but it is also important if you want to find out how to build a radio app that will meet the wishes of users. After all, the best way to make their dreams of the perfect radio station come true is to ask! That’s why you need this feature implemented.
#9. Search for professionals for radio app development
After dealing with the requirement for the future radio app like Pandora, you should understand who will help you bring them to life. It means it's time you started searching for the development team.
In fact, you will need experts such as:
- Project Manager (or Product owner) whose duties imply the ability to coordinate the process of interaction between the client and the developers;
- UI/UX designers who need to create an attractive and modern app design. Together with you, they will create a thoughtful user flow that is suitable for your business model and able to help to achieve the desirable KPIs
- Mobile developers, or rather, iOS and Android developers whose task is to create applications that will work on the corresponding platforms;
- Backend engineers who develop server logic and make the application fast working;
- QA experts who are required to test your application for the absence of errors.
In this article, we’ve told you what to consider when looking for developers. We advise you to read it to find out about all the nuances of this difficult process.
#10. Marketing support
Understanding how to make a radio app of high quality is only the first step towards future financial gain. Actually, the popular service is the one being constantly promoted. So, we offer that you consider following options for the popularization of music apps like Pandora:
- The app page in AppStore and Google Play is your selling lending, so make this page as clear to a user as possible. there is no need to describe the entire history of your application, just specify its advantages. Also, create appealing icons and screenshots.
- Use sources of paid promotion, for example, media and video advertising. Later, you'll be able to abandon this type of advertising (or reduce it to the required minimum level).
- Identify your target audience. This is important for promotion in social networks which give the most flexible targeting settings.
- Correctly choose advertising sources. Go where exactly your user is (This again takes us back to the need to identify the target user).
- Use email marketing, push notifications and other possible promotion resources.
Now you, probably, more or less understand how to create a radio app. But here's the question: how can you make it interesting to the user (considering the sophisticated market)?
Well, there is no universal council: if radio apps like Pandora were a simple way of making a profit, everyone would take advantage of it. Only the smartest ones can reap the benefit of being able to display acumen. So you have to apply all your wit to succeed…
For example, how about creating a thematic radio application?
How can you do this?
- define a few narrow thematic niches. Later, you'll choose the best one among them. This niche can be related to any field of activity or hobbies. Make sure that this niche is really in demand.
- think about what kind of person belongs to the audience you have chosen. Figuratively speaking, draw his portrait.
- think about where you can find representatives of this niche. Our advice is social networks. Surely, you will find thematic groups and pages on the FB or Instagram. Join in the ones that seem most promising to you. Do not rush, your goal at this stage is to evaluate the members of this group and understand what your potential user wants and expects from radio apps like Pandora.
- Now you’re ready to answer the questions:
- What kind of music does the representative of a particular group like?
- What type of app interface can attract him or her?
- What features can be useful to this man or woman? It’ll help you to make up a set of them.
- It's time to start creating the application itself. Above, we've listed all the important points, so just follow our tips. And pay special attention to the feature set!
- When the radio app development is in full swing, start promoting your service. For this, again, social networks and thematic groups will be very helpful. Publish posts advertising your radio (where permitted) or mention your music service in the comments. In addition, be sure to set up targeted paid advertising.
- The next question is how to attract advertisers? To do this, think what a potential businessman can offer your user (aside from the music service that you’re going to provide). What products would be appropriate to advertise in your application? Try to find a way to contact this businessman and offer him the system of win-win relationship.
We offered one possible way to stand out from the crowd. You can choose your own, most importantly - take your time, carefully think through your strategy, as they say, from alpha to omega.
And now it is long overdue to move on to the next burning issue (apart from "how to make an app like Pandora?", of course!)... we mean, obviously, the radio app development cost.
What budget should you have?
We hope you understand that when it comes to radio app development, it's impossible to offer a universal price list. The app cost should be formed for each specific case.
In general, the price depends on the rate of the developer company (that is, how much they charge per hour of work) and the time it takes to create a radio app like Pandora.
#1. Developers rates
The rate of developers is primarily affected by the location of their company. For example:
- USA, Canada, Great Britain: from $ 150 per hour;
- Western Europe: $ 80-150 per hour, sometimes more (depending on the size of the company);
- Eastern Europe: $ 25-80 per hour, sometimes higher. This price divergence is also due to the size of the agency. For instance, small firms (which employ only a few people) ask for up to $ 35 per hour, medium-sized agencies have a rate of $ 35-50 per hour, while large companies require even higher rates.
- India: from $ 15 per hour, rarely above $ 50.
We recommend that you turn your attention to the experts from Eastern Europe, the best option is the Ukrainian developers. They are highly qualified as IT professionals and ask for affordable prices. They know exactly how to make an app like Pandora without overpaying during this process.
#2. Radio app development time
The creation of the functionality of a radio application of medium complexity requires the following number of hours:
- Development of features set: 150-250 hours (and more, depending on your wishes)
- Backend development: 350-450 hours
- Interface design: 100-200 hours
- Testing: over 200 hours
In general, you have two options
- MVP model. This is a low-cost radio app development option that will allow you to release an application with minimal functionality. Earlier, we've offered you an expanded set of possible features. Strike out a few of them, for example, built-in purchases, push notifications, feedback and Likes/dislikes features, choose the simplest way to compile a list of recommended tracks, and you'll get your MVP model. Its development will require about $ 10-20K.
- application with full functionality. Here the cost can be arbitrarily high, usually about $ 80-100K. The list of recommended features can be supplemented with any additional ones.
You seem to have received complete information on how to create a radio app and what budget to draw up. Now it's time we shared with you our expertise in radio app development.
But we went the other way, not the way the owners of Pandora have chosen. It means instead of providing different playlists, our app offers radio air of full value, with author's programs and DJs.
Radio Shark is a modern radio station with media content of a new level. This is a convenient and understandable application that makes listening to your favorite music tracks especially enjoyable.
Shark Radio offers:
- high-quality actual music;
- interesting author's programs;
- funny jokes of witty leaders;
- broadcast on Facebook and YouTube;
- convenient navigation;
- appealing interface.
At this stage, the application is monetized through advertising, and the service itself is being actively promoted, attracting more and more new users.
Radio Shark works on a powerful server on the German hosting and pleases listeners with the impeccable quality of the audio stream and perfect smoothness of the sound reproduction. Our developers have established a reliable interaction of the application with databases, and therefore the service is working flawlessly, just as the client expected and hoped it would. So, we've coped with the task excellently, so to say, we managed to cream up.
Obviously, in the course of radio app development, our experts have faced different challenges and difficulties that have been successfully overcome. That’s why you can be sure that we know how to create a radio app of high grade.
An important lesson that we've learned during the radio app development process (a lesson which can be useful to you too) is our understanding the need for constant post-production support of any mobile and web service. For example, the market appearance of the iPhone 10 led to the necessity to optimize Radio Shark.
This adaptation of the application was required because of the new iPhone design - after all, the service should work equally well on any platform and any device, even on the one that appeared just recently... that's why it's so important to monitor the development of technologies and the opportunities they offer. Among other things, this is the best way to stay up to date and meet the needs of the age.
So do not think that the radio app development ends with the release of your mobile service. No, this is a fascinating and difficult path that can and should lead you to financial success.
And Shark radio project did not stop with its release either, it continues to grow after its successful market launch. For example, one of its newest features provides users with an opportunity to listen to the favorite program after its broadcast on air.
We have implemented this feature by using the popular cloud service named Mixcloud, created to store and play on-demand music shows, podcasts, and DJ mixes. Thanks to this, each listener will have access to any recorded broadcast he really likes and waits for.
Thus, this feature allows the user not only to listen to the recording of the broadcast that he has missed but also to download the record and share it with friends in social networks
In the future, Shark Radio will definitely please its listeners with many other interesting features. What will they be like? Hard to say! But one thing we can guarantee with certainty: we are ready to meet any challenge!
As you already know, the app design is also an important stage in the development process. The ability to find the right approach to an excellent design means to answer the question of how to build a radio app that will surely appeal to the user. Therefore, we paid enough attention to this problem.
The main idea of Radio Shark design is simplicity and accessibility. The user should be able to begin taking advantage of the application right away after its installation, without any delay and discomfort. And, we think, this task has been successfully completed.
We should say that Radio Shark was not the first project we performed for this client. Earlier, we have built another mobile product for the same company - Shark Taxi app. While developing the design of this taxi service, we managed to create a harmonious visual language including the size and shape of buttons, the color scheme, interaction with typography, etc. Therefore, it was important to show the interconnection between these mobile applications (Shark Taxi and Radio Shark).
We implemented a simple and understandable navigation system. For example, you can navigate between app screen by swiping left or right, and you can move in the section itself using the scroll action.
We made sure that the application can be used with maximum comfort, with one hand only. Among other things, these goals are served by a large "play/pause" button located at the bottom of the screen - the very place you're expecting it to be.
The client is completely pleased with our cooperation, and this is one more proof of the high competence of Agilie experts.
Summarizing, let's say: it doesn’t matter whether you have the opportunity to hire DJs and create a program schedule or not, - contact us anyway! We know how to make an app like Pandora or another mobile music service of your choice, and we would be happy to help you at the highest professional level.